03 June 2012

Cooking!

 SP made tomato salad and we made mashed potato together. It's a huge mountain of mashed potato, and I even dug a tunnel for it!
I made SP risotto + poached eggs for dinner. It turns out that I'm terrible at making poached eggs, and I realised that I've never actually made poached eggs by myself before. Anyway.
 In exchange, SP also "made me dinner" :) It's curry (curry sauce in a jar) with fried tofu (first covered in flour), an orange pepper, and onion, all on sushi rice. Extremely delicious!! :) Better than any food truck curry.
Last week we also had dinner together, although there wasn't much fancy stuff. Just pasta one night and corn tortillas+cheese+egg the other. We had lunch together at Hummus last Sunday, and I don't think I'm ever going again. If there is a fast food name for Mediterranean food, this would be it. To me, everything was salty, the tabouli didn't have wondrous flavour (actually, the salt, in general, masks the fact that none of the foods have much flavour), and the falafel was dry. I feel like the hummus from the grocery store actually tastes fresher than the one here. It was just really disappointing, because all the food truck falafel/hummus-type foods have been far better (meaning the House of Pita and Magic Carpet). Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment