16 June 2012

Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzels

I'm not a huge fan of pretzels, but there is ONE huge exception. I can easily DEVOUR Snyder of Hanover's Honey Mustard and Onion pretzel pieces (and the Cheese ones...I've yet to try the others). They're $3 for a pack, and because I inhale them extremely fast, I rarely buy them (unless it's Finals week. Then, I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And snack). Last week, after I ran to Trader Joe's, it started storming, so I was stranded for an extra half an hour. I ended up buying twice as much food as I would've (not that it's a terrible thing, because I've been stress-eating even though it's summer). Stores should hope that flash-storms occur more often, especially when their customers' modes of transportation are legs or bikes. So, while languidly prowling the store, I came across the Trader Joe's brand of honey mustard and onion pretzels. I jumped with glee, bought them for $2.29, and strolled out into the glorious, rainbow sunset, as the storm had abated.
(Actually, it was still extremely gloomy and the trees cried rain, and the thin ropes of the drawstring bag cut into my shoulders)


The pretzels were sweeter than the Snyder of Hanover ones. They were okay. I would buy them again, but they only offer about 80% of the satisfaction I get from when I eat Snyder of Hanover Honey Mustard and Onion pretzel pieces.


In other news, this is the smallest take-away container, ever! It's the size of an apricot! It contained about two pieces of bak choi and one chunk of Chinese mushroom. I got it from Han Dynasty, at 37th and Market St., where our lab group had lunch. The food there is delicious, but a tad spicy for me. The servers are non-Chinese and speak  American English well, whereas the chefs are Chinese and...just do splendid cooking.




Also, 7-11 decided to have its free Slurpee day on the 23rd of May, as opposed to the 11th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment