I hung out for 2 days with SP before the semester begins (tomorrow)! We ate a bunch of food (no surprises there...):
1. Falafel food truck on 35th and Market St.
The falafel was kinda dry and crumbly and uniform in texture.
2. Ramune (Japanese drink with the marble that seals it until you push it down).
3. Singapore Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant 1029 Race St. (six stars out of five)
Note the brown rice.
At the end, we got 2 orange slices, 2 fortune cookies (grr) and 2 fried sesame balls with custard filling. My fortune was "The weather is nice". Great.
I think that for a sit-in vegetarian restaurant in the city, the meal was reasonably priced. With presumably fresh ingredients and a lot of veggies in the dishes, dim sum at night-time, a regular customer sitting in the corner reading a book (who ate a meal and also ordered take-out before leaving), and pretty tablecloths*, Singapore Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant is quite charming. SO BRING YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER(S) THERE!
*In looking at pictures of this restaurant online, I realised that they also have pink tablecloths. I prefer the paisley blue ones more)
4. Lotte Koala's March (cookies) - not a huge fan of them but SP loves them.
5. Lovash Indian Cuisine on 37th and Spruce St.
read here). The panner was less plasticky/smooth compared to paneer I've had before, and I'm not sure if that makes it more/less authentic.
6. The Crepewalk, 36th and Spruce
Nutella crepe. Obviously better than the crepes that I made (which SP said were too thick). These are pretty much translucent!