01 August 2011

Rainbow Marshmallow Treats


I don't think that my sister deserves these treats because she hasn't exactly been a good girl recently, even though I'm home and she said that she'd be nice when I'm home. She's still bratty, still yells at my mum, and still refuses to eat her vegetables and protein. Nevertheless, we ended up making some cereal marshmallow treats because she had found a recipe on the back of a cereal box. The Fruity Pebbles cereal box (Yes, Pebbles is italicised, but Fruity is not). Fruit Pebbles are basically cornflakes coated in sugar and bright colouring. I'm quite mesmerised by the bright purple and green, especially.
Since we only had half the box of cereal left, we used 4 tbsp of butter and five blue marshmallow Peeps as the "marshmallow" component. My sister doesn't like marshmallow Peeps as much as the cylindrical marshmallows, so this was a great way to use up the marshmallows from March.

1. Melt 4 tbsp butter for 20 seconds in microwave (honestly, we could've used oil for this)
2. Cut marshmallow Peeps and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again. Stir. Microwave again. Stir. See above image.
3. Pour in about 2-3 cups of cereal and stick the mixture into a plastic container. I don't understand why there would be any need for non-stick spray/greasing the pan or parchment/wax paper lining. Even if you used an empty tissue box, I'm sure the marshmallow treats wouldn't stick too badly.

Feed to people who care about bright, rainbow-coloured treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment