05 August 2011

Turkey Meatballs

I don't eat turkey but I baked turkey meatballs. According to my brother, they were amazing (the best food I've made this August, apparently). They looked moist and flavourful too.
Unfortunately, I forgot to use metric.

Ingredients for 54 small turkey meatballs.
About 3 cups ground turkey
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups bread crumbs
0.5 cup (fat-free) milk (120 ml)
1 small onion
1 egg
1 tbsp oil
A few fresh basil leaves
Parsley flakes
Oregano
Lots of garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper


Method
1. Chop up stuff and mix everything
2. Clump into 54 balls, each about the size of a gumball. Since I'm so used to having baked items spread out, I left space between each meatball. I guess it wasn't that necessary and that I could've squished everything on to one baking sheet.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
4. Take out, turn meatballs upside down.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
6. Let sit in oven if you want, or just serve.


I'm sure I can do the same thing with firm tofu or chickpeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment